Brewster Pratap are working exclusively on a project to relocate a finance function to central Leeds. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful business and a fabulous employer at an exciting stage of their growth.
Capsticks work for over 250 healthcare clients and over 150 social housing clients nationally and have over 230 fee earners across 4 UK offices. They have a very strong people strategy, creating a positive team culture and treating every employee as an individual. They benefit from a very low level of staff turnover, a large number of long servers and can offer a strong employer proposition that has been summarised below.
This relocation is a critical and exciting challenge for our client. They are committed to recruiting and developing a "best in class" finance team, to benefit the whole firm and provide long term opportunities for all of the successful candidates.
We are looking to recruit a Legal Cashier, this is a varied role covering several aspects of the day to day running of a busy law firm. The cashiering function has introduced a number of new systems to improve the efficiency of their processes but further efficiencies are sought. An experienced cashier is sought to work alongside the Chief Cashier to help to identify areas that can be rationalised
Key areas of responsibility for the Legal Cashier will be:
- processing payments including CHAPS/BACS payments;
- matching and processing receipts;
- checking and processing disbursement payments;
- checking and processing expense claims;
- preparation of bank reconciliation statements;
- petty cash claims;
- processing transactions on bank accounts; and
- general administrative functions.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Legal Cashier. Candidates should ideally have / be:
- a minimum of 1 year's experience working in the finance department of a law firm;
- an understanding of bookkeeping;
- the ability to work under pressure;
- strong administration and organisational skills;
- the ability to communicate professionally at all levels within the firm; the ability to work calmly under pressure; and
- excellent attention to detail.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate that they are:
- professional, self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision;
- able to work in a busy, professional environment;
- proactive in their approach;
- willing to learn the rules and procedures that direct the work of legal cashiering; and
- a team player who can motivate and work alongside others.
- salary that has been benchmarked to attract the best
- competitive benefits package
- 25 days holidays, rising to 27 on service
- various development opportunities
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Pratap receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job