Our Client is a leading law firm, based in the heart of Watford.
They are seeking an experienced Legal Cashier, for a one year fxed term contract.
As a Legal Cashier, your resonsbilities will include:
- Ensuring all Client Account transactions are dealt with in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules
- Processing and posting of Client Account CHAPS/SWIFT/BACS payments from Barclays.net. and RBS Bankline in a timely manner in line with firm's policies and authority limits
- Timely production of Client Account cheques when requested
- Stopping and cancelling any out of date Client Account cheques once the firm's 6 month deadline has elapsed and speaking to Fee Earners to ascertain whether a new cheque is required
- Client Account banking and processing
- Reviewing Client Account transactions on a transactional basis to ensure all Client to Bills transfers are completed within 14 days.
- Checking Client Account regularly to ensure Client Account balances do not become residual
- Full running and checking of weekly reports to assist with the general housekeeping of matters and any potential COFA breaches reported to the Accounts Supervisor/Legal Cashiers Manager when they occur
- Processing a transfer of costs report weekly
- Assisting with monthly billing and occasional credit control as required
- Regular archiving of dormant matters
- Weekly Client Residual balance report, liaising with Fee Earning departments to return funds appropriately and promptly.
- Taking credit/debit card payments from clients when required
- Inputting payments on RBS bankline when required by the London cashiers team
As a Legal Cashier, you should have the following experience:
- Working knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Previous experience of working within a cashiering environment
- Legal Sector Client account experience preferred
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with Partners, and to discuss their files
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work; professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
- Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Elite accounts system would be an advantage
- Knowledge of banking systems ideally RBS Bankline and Barclays.net
In return, you will gain invaluable experience in one of the world's top law firms.
You will also have access to staff benefits such as Sports Club membership, Holiday buy or sell scheme and Restaurant discount cards, amongst many others.