Are you ready for a new challenge this year and looking within legal finance? If so, a 6 months maternity cover contract role has become available within an international law firm in their city based offices as their Legal Cashier.
As the part of the Legal Cashier team, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare bank reconciliations and controlling any reconciling differences arising from those reconciliations
- Helping to ensure fee earners and other support staff comply with the firm's internal cashiering regulations and SAR
- Clearing office credit balances and checking ledger posting audit trails
- Perform month and year end procedures and reconciliations
- Prepare deposit interest calculations
- Dealing with internal and external queries
- Liaising with auditors and banks
- Supporting the regional offices as and when required
- Supporting other Finance team members in times of need e.g. during billing drives
Additionally, to the above, they are looking for someone who is a strong team player, able to communication well with the rest of the finance team and wider business and suppliers, and have a positive, proactive attitude.
They are looking for someone who can demonstrate previous experience in above points, so a background in legal cashier is essential, and you must be able to show a sound understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) at interview stage. Flexible with systems background.