An expansionary legal accounts /cashier role is sought for Newcastle multi disciplinary law firm.
The successful individual will be entrusted with the responsibility for the day to day management of all accounts functions, as well as supervising an Accounts Apprentice. You will also assist the Finance and Operations Manager in producing various reports, such as budgets and cash flow. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and maintaining internal controls and procedures that are in line with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the vision and culture of the business.
You should have at least 3 years’ experience working within a legal accounts team and have a firm understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules. You will be able to read, understand and reconcile client ledgers accurately, be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft packages and also have sound knowledge and understanding of accounts software.
The role will suit a confident and well-presented individual with experience in all aspects of legal accounting. You must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, in order to liaise with other areas of the business. This role will require you to work as part of a team but to also work using your own initiative.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Smart and well presented
• Professional and customer focussed
• Able to work without supervision
• Proficient in IT
• Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst still maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexible with a "can do" attitude who is able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Enthusiastic, well organised with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Responsibilities will include:
• Processing financial transactions
• Managing sales and purchase ledgers
• Processing payments via cheque, BACS and CHAPS
• Weekly and monthly reconciliations of both client and various business accounts
• Maintaining accurate records of all financial transactions
• Analysing month end reports and feeding information back to the management team
• Carrying out monthly meetings with all fee earners and advisers to establish billing targets, cash collection and hygiene of matters, including WIP and disbursements
• Supervising other members of the accounts team and assisting their progression
• Any other tasks as and when required
This role comes with various rewards and benefits, including (but not limited to):
• Company pension;
• Chance of progression within the company; and
• Free parking and nearby access to main bus and metro routes.
- Bank Reconciliations
- producing reports
- legal accounts
- solicitors accounts rules#
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job