A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Cashier to join an established team based within the Coleshill office of a leading regional law firm.
In addition to candidates seeking full time employment, my clients are able to accommodate candidates who are looking for part time work, working 3 days per week which would include Fridays.
Based in their small and friendly Finance Team you will have responsibility for a range of duties including:
- Handling client and office account funds
- Handing out client cheques on a daily basis
- Ensuring that cheques received are banked on a daily basis
- Reconciling out of date cheques regularly
- Sending all CHAPS/Faster payments daily within specified time frames
- Carrying out any transfers in accordance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- Ensuring cheques are cancelled/stopped at the bank when required
- Invoice posting
- Inputting invoices from third parties onto a system and ensuring they are paid on a monthly basis
- Raising bills on a daily basis
- Understanding the process of credit notes/write offs/cancellations
- Dealing with disbursements
- Filing of bank statements
- Providing assistance to the Lead Cashier
- Carrying out archiving each day
Applications are sought from team players who have upwards of 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity within a legal services environment. Applicants should have working knowledge of the SRA.
Applicants should possess the ability to pay close attention to detail, work to strict deadlines, maintain high standards, with a positive and friendly approach to their work.
In return, the successful applicant will receive a competitive salary together with other benefits you would associate with working for a leading, progressive law firm and onsite car parking.