Our client is a leading UK and international law firm which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals. They have several offices across the UK in the London, Basingstoke, Birmingham, Cambridge, Guildford, Oxford and Reading while their overseas network stretches from Asia to Europe.
With 130 partners and over 880 people in total, their main areas of practice are dispute resolution, corporate and commercial, real estate, private client, and family.
The Financial Analyst works in the Working Capital team within Finance in a project-based role supporting the Revenue Controller / Project Lead in providing an excellent service to clients, key contacts and staff. The role holder must be aware of and comply with SAR's, VAT and HMRC regulations.
Initially the role holder’s key responsibility will be to join the project team to assist with the crucial task of reducing and clearing residual balances outstanding across the business in an accurate and timely manner. Working closely with Revenue Control there will be plenty of exposure to all matter related financial balances therefore the role presents excellent development / progression opportunities.
- To communicate both by email and telephone with Partners and solicitors to find reasons for residual balances being held and where necessary contact the clients.
- Investigation and reconciliation of historic merger/legacy balances.
- To be responsible for sending monthly reports showing outstanding balances to Team Partners and actioning the responses where appropriate.
- To liaise with the cashiering team to ensure that transfers are done on a timely basis and the billing team to ensure bills are raised to clear items via financial policies and procedures.
- To research client address details using the internet and other search engines such as 192.com in order to return funds to clients.
- Contacting clients to return client funds by mail, email and telephone.
- To liaise with a private investigator in order to locate legacy clients and return funds to them.
- To undertake specific training when required and take overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Attending departmental meetings and making recommendations
- Other ad hoc task as directed by the Revenue Controller / Project Lead or Head of Working Capital Management.
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping and good experience in legal finance
- IT literate - Preferably working knowledge of Elite, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ensure high professional standards are achieved and maintained
- Proven accuracy with good attention to detail
- Hard-working, hands-on approach with effective use of initiative and constant attention to detail
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions-focused working method
- Resilient and able to deal with people at all levels of the business, showing first-rate interpersonal and communication skills. Good telephone manner essential
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'