Brewster Partners are delighted to be working with a professional law firm in Chesterfield in their search to recruit an experienced Legal Billing Secretary to join their successful business.
- To prepare and submit CDS11 Bills
- To prepare and submit CDS7 bills for assessment
- To prepare and submit LF1 and AGF forms
- To complete, maintain and submit monthly returns
- To draft Claims 1 and Claim 1As for assessment by the Legal Services Commission
- To complete post-assessment work to include checking bills received, considering time crucial submission dates, to complete EX80s (assessment certificates)
- To complete final Claim 1s for final payment by the Legal Services Commission
- To appeal Legal Services Commission assessments as required
- To liaise and advise with Fee Earners and support staff in relation to a variety of legal costs matters
- To draft statements of costs (N260s) for summary assessment
- To conduct negotiations regarding costs issues
- To earn fees from the costs assessment process
- To draft Notices of Commencement to serve bills of costs on paying parties
- To draft points of dispute and replies to points of dispute
- To undertake other duties as reasonably required by partners or senior management
- Currently working in, or previous experience of, a law firm environment
- Good knowledge of and ability to handle legal billing processes and systems, and associated regulations
- General administrative/secretarial experience, including audio typing (ideally using BigHand or similar system)
- Based Chesterfield, and will also provide billing support for Nottingham office, with occasional visits required so flexibility is essential
- Professional telephone manner
- Methodical approach to tasks and problem solving and organisational skills
- Salary - £20,000
- 20 days holidays, plus BH's, plus birthday holiday
Brewster Partners Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information.
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Billing Secretary
- Billing Secretary
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'