Job Ref: 28655
To work competently within Financial Operations team as a Legal Biller, contributing to the effectiveness of the Finance department by providing a comprehensive and efficient service to internal and external clients in order that the business objectives of the firm and the department are achieved.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To work as part of the Billing team, alongside the Credit Control, Cashiering and Finance Database teams, to help provide a highly effective and efficient revenue service to the firm.
· Providing a comprehensive billing service
· Ensuring that fee earners fully comply with comprehensive time recording policies and registering all disbursements to ensure accurate defence costs MI
· Tracking and chasing incomplete time entries
· Producing and circulating WIP reports as required (at least monthly)
· Proactively engaging fee earners to ensure prompt billing to minimise WIP lock-up
· Checking charge rates and ensuring compliance with client service level agreements (SLAs)
· Proactively liaising with the Financial Operations Database team to ensure the accounting system contains complete and up to date billing information in line with current SLAs
· Maintaining matter budgets and resolving billing related issues, to avoid delays to revenue cycle
· Drafting interim and final bills as requested (in accordance with SLA), ensuring complete and accurate billing information
· Responding to all queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner, referring complex and contentious issues to the Assistant Billing Manager
· Tracking and chasing unsettled draft bills on a regular basis, providing reports to the Team Leaders to chase up defaulters
· Ensuring any amendments are processed and permanently changed in billing set-up where appropriate
· Engrossing bills (maximising WIP captured) and preparing for delivery without delay, in compliance with client SLAs, including the preparation of composite bills, bordereaux and other required schedules
· Drafting, amending and coordinating the lodgement of e-bills
· Processing proforma rejections, tracking and completing required follow-up action; ensuring write offs are authorised in line with firm’s policy
· Attending meetings with the fee earning teams to provide refresher training, discuss billing performance and resolve any outstanding billing related issues
· Showing a high level of dedication and flexibility, to ensure strict billing schedules are adhered to as and when required
· Ensuring a high standard of work output and quality of information
· Working with the Billing Manager, Assistant Billing Manager and other processing teams to implement changes, to maximise efficiency and level of service.
· Undertaking any other relevant tasks as specified by the firm
· Working on your own initiative and ensuring a proactive approach is taken to carrying out all duties to maintain/improve client relations and goodwill
· Adhering to the firm’s working practices, quality procedures and protocols and information security policies as specified by the firm
· Being subject to varying degrees of supervision on a day to day basis liaising with the Assistant Billing Manager and other supervisors on a regular basis
· Undertaking any specific training course identified by the HR Department, line managers or external training provider
· Ensuring confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and all information
· Operating safely in the work place
· Undertaking any other adhoc duties requested by line managers
This is a developing role and this job profile is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives and firm policy.
· Commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards with a strong focus on client service
· Self-motivated, proactive and strong team member
· Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Ability to prioritise workloads
· Strong ability to develop knowledge through practical experience
· Working knowledge of legal billing cycles and WIP
· Knowledge of SRA accounts rules and VAT
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a confident telephone manner and strong writing skills
· Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel. Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3E or similar financial systems
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003. Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.