Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.The Team
Fantastic opportunity to join the Knowledge and Information Services Team of Fieldfisher, winner of Legal Week Law Firm of the Year 2017, in a newly-created role of Document Automation Author. This is a key team appointment for the implementation of the firm's document automation programme at the start of its firm-wide implementation.The role provides the opportunity to be a key team member in the implementation and on-going delivery of this high profile programme which will change the way in which the firm's lawyers and other business service professionals create documents. Training on authoring using the firm's documentation tool (Contracts Express) will be provided and the Document Automation Author will be provided with on-going support to enable the role to continue to develop their authoring and other skills.
The Document Automation Author role will form part of the Knowledge and Information Services Team and will initially report to the Head of Knowledge and Information Services. The role will provide services to all legal and non-legal practice areas through a phased implementation.Responsibilities
- To automate legal and business services documents using the firm's automation tool
- To assist in the training of users (including secretarial support, lawyers and business support professionals) in using the firm's automation tool
- To work closely with document subject matter experts (often Professional Support Lawyers, but also other lawyers and members of business services teams)to deconstruct documentsand optimise their automation
- To engage with subject matter experts to appropriately manage and prioritise automation work
- To provide training to subject matter experts on how to mark-up a document for automation and provide advice on the best practice for document automation.
- To test documents prepared for automation and to record and resolve errors in automation
- To assist in managing the roll out of new suites of automated documents
- To liaise with the document automation vendor's technical team and with user group forums as directed or otherwise appropriate
- To work with colleagues in IT regarding the integration of the firm's document automation toolwith other firm products
- To support practice groups to automate their standard legal documents and to keep their respective collections accurate and up to date
- To champion the firm's document automation programme
- To assist in the preparation of client pitches and in relation to pricing of client projects requiring bespoke automation
- To provide monthly and other ad hoc usage reports and data relating to KPIs and to proactively monitor usage.
- To support the offering of automated document services to new and existing clients
- To provide such other support to the Head of Knowledge and Information Services as shall from time to time be required in particular with other knowledge projects including developing new legal technology systems and solutions.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word , Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to and enthusiasm for developing document automation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience at working as working as part of a team and ability to work with virtual teams
- Excellent attention to detail and the delivery of high quality work
- Ability to take the initiative and to juggle priorities
- Understanding of or willingness to develop project management skills