Starting Salary - £18,000 per annum
Legal Assistant (Estate Coordinator)
We are looking for talented, dedicated and pro-active individuals, with a passion for providing excellent customer service to assist us in providing the best estate administration service to our clients. You will be joining a business whose sole aim is to help families move on.
The Estate Coordinator role is a varied and integral role in supporting the whole of the estate administration process, providing a good overview and working relationship with all teams within Service Delivery. Both active and administrative, this role requires a 'can do’ attitude, great attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. Due to the busy nature of this position time management and organisation are key, as well as a friendly, helpful and positive outlook around the office.
Whilst professional experience is of high importance to us as a business in finding the right candidates, it is of equal importance that they are a suitable fit for the culture we offer as a business. We uphold four core values and behaviours: Pro-activity, Professionalism, Pride and Politeness. The right candidates will uphold these values in all aspects of their work whilst inspiring their colleagues to do the same.
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive approach to achieving targets
- Able to manage time effectively whilst maintaining accurate and high-quality work
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Adaptable to change in line with business needs
- Demonstrable experience of producing highly detailed and accurate work
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and prioritising deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- Experience of working within Legal or Financial Services
- 25 days Holiday Entitlement (Increasing 1 day annually to a maximum of 30)
- Buy or Sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Health Cash Plan - Cash back for Dental, optical and other treatments
- PERKS - Employee discounts across a range of high street products.
- Income protection insurance
- Life assurance policy
- Company pension (Matched contribution up to 5%)
- 12 weeks Enhanced Parental leave policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Office Fruit
- Premium "Bean to Cup" coffee machine
- Answering income calls from third parties and beneficiaries
- Dealing with post, updating the system and logging appropriate work
- Paying in cheques
- Drafting and printing letters
- Identify pre-emptive complaints, compliments, process issues and log them appropriately.
- Check and review all required documents for each estate
- Register the Death with Bereavement Register and Mail Preference Service
- Conduct Insolvency, Will Search, Land Registry and Money Laundering checks as well as arranging Property Valuations
- Making applications to the Probate Registry for Grants of Representation
- Chasing third parties for information pertaining to existing cases
- Paying debts and expenses on estates, including the funeral
- Obtaining income tax information
- Dealing with enquiries from the Department of Work and Pensions
- Encash and transfer assets of an estate
- Closing Files when the Estate Administration is complete
- Dealing with queries on closed cases
- Prepare distributions of an estate
- Preparing estate accounts for client review
- Property sales - assisting with aspects of selling properties from an estate.
- Identify complaints, pre-emptive, compliments, process issues and log them appropriately.
Kings Court Trust:
We aim to be the most successful and respected estate administration business in the UK. A regulated business, founded in 2002, we only do one thing: estate administration. We are totally focused on our purpose, helping families to move on. Our business partners refer their customers to us and we provide our innovative and highly customer focused service to the family. As a result of this, we provide value to our partners. This value can be achieved by tailoring the outcome to the business partner depending on their service or commercial requirements. In the existing solicitor channel we use the Title Research brand. Title Research has a fifty year heritage with solicitors providing specialist people tracing and asset repatriation services worldwide. These services are provided thousands of times a year to existing solicitor customers of Title Research.
We are committed to preventing fraud and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of employees, and applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including electronic identity checks, review of references and feedback from past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
- Financial Services
- Estate Administration
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'