Legal Assistant - Employment AND Company/Commercial
Reward Recruitment Limited are currently recruiting for an expanding Law Firm based in St Albans. The firm is currently looking to recruit a Legal Assistant to join their team and provide Administrative and Fee Earning assistance on a varied caseload of Employment and Company/Commercial matters. You will be required to have a legal qualification such as LLB, LPC, GDL/CPE (or other law conversion course), previous Paralegal experience and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Reporting to the team leader.
- Client Service.
o Progressing the matter file under the solicitor’s instructions. This may include amongst other things legal research, drafting letters and attendance notes.
- To provide a courteous and efficient service to clients.
- To ensure that work sent to clients and related parties is correctly prepared in accordance with the firm’s standards and precedents and the Solicitor’s instructions.
- To observe the code of practice in all areas as detailed in the Solicitors Code of Conduct and to observe fully the requirements of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- To report complaints from clients or third parties to the Team Leader.
- To produce fees in accordance with the fee target set at the beginning of each budget year and to record a minimum of 720 hours of chargeable time per annum (at an average of 60 hours per month) at charging rates agreed by the Team Leader.
- Matters Administration.
o Maintaining control of the Solicitor’s caseload to ensure that standards of matter conduct, file management, administration, time-recording and accounting are maintained always.
- To be fully conversant with the firm’s computer systems and follow IT instructions directly and through procedures tabs.
- To work in a tidy organised manner by reducing unseemly clutter and ensure files are relocated in the cabinets provided.
- Assist Solicitor to bill all matters promptly and accurately; to maintain a justifiable and accurate level of work-in-progress; to pay and collect disbursements in accordance with professional and internal practice; to properly account for all client monies and effect transfers from client to office account when appropriate.
- Carrying out suitable paralegal level tasks (not requiring legal knowledge) and procedural research tasks for other fee earners in the team.
- Specifically, for the Employment pod:
o Dealing with disclosure.
o Preparing trial bundles.
o Preparing instructions to counsel o Drafting PLC documents such as employment contracts, policies and settlement agreements.
- Specifically, for the Company/Commercial pod:
o Preparing 'bibles’.
o Drafting Board Minutes.
o Preparing completion documents such as stock transfer forms and powers of attorney.
o Drafting simple terms and conditions Person Specification.
Required Skills & Experience
- Legal qualification such as LLB, LPC, GDL/CPE (or other law conversion course) is essential.
- Previous paralegal experience is essential.
- Previous paralegal experience in a commercial area of law would be preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Client focussed.
- Team player.
- Computer Literacy in relevant software packages.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Appropriate time keeping.
- Organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to follow instructions given.
- Ability to cope with pressure and maintain a calm manner always.
- Employment Law
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job