Title: Legal Assistant
Salary: £19,000pa - £21,000pa DOE
Our client is a well-established and respected Legal Firm in the local area and we are looking for Legal Assistants to support their busy and engaging team. The Legal Assistant is responsible for performing administrative tasks in aid of the fee-earners and team. It is essential that candidates have previously offered similair levels of assistance within a professional environment and have audio typing experience. This role would suit a diligent and organised individual who can work proactively in a corporate environment.
* Take phone calls and resolve as many enquiries as possible and where referral is needed, ensuring a comprehensive note or email is provided.
* Checking the Central Diary daily and informing other Fee-Earners where appropriate.
* Ensure all new matter instructions are set up on the firms' Practice Management System promptly, ideally within 24 hours but no more than 48 hours of receipt from the fee earner.
* Issue the client care letter via email or post within 24 hours of the matter being set up.
* Undertake the file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
* Operate an effective system that ensures all critical activities and dates relating to matter progression are acted upon within the required timelines.
* Maintain accurate filing systems, lodging deeds and documents in a timely manner.
* Ensure all filing is completed and up to date on a daily basis.
* Undertake audio typing as required, ensuring that the completed documentation is provided to the fee earner within the timeframe applicable to the team.
* Prepare high quality documentation covering letters, presentations, spreadsheets and reports as required.
* Complete administrative functions such as document scanning, preparation of bundles, issuing of faxes and photocopying as required.
* Assist with projects as required by meeting agreed deadlines and achieving specific deliverables.
* Ensure that personal and team work space is kept tidy and professional at all times.
Skills & Experience:
* Experience of Audio Typing Ability to use a telephone switchboard.
* Strong organisational and administration skills.
* Experience working to deadlines.
* Computer Literate - confident user of MS (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
If you are interested in this position please call Geoffrey Bridger on for a discreet discussion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job