Legal Assistant - General Counsel - In-House - Start ASAP - Brentwood
Your new company
You will be working for a commercial business based in Brentwood, Essex. You will be working within the in-house legal team providing support to the Head of Legal. This role is starting on a temporary basis with potential to be offered on a permanent basis for the right candidate.
Your new role
Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- Attend and Minute the monthly Executive Committee Meeting, liaising with all members / presenters
- Prepare quarterly litigation reports, obtaining updates from managers, running reports from the litigation reporting system
- Process invoices for payment
- Add new suppliers to the database - issue application form to supplier and update database accordingly once completed form has been received
- Maintain invoice tracker - enter invoice details once received and track progress of invoices
- Budget / Forecast Report - liaise with members of the legal team and project leads to ensure legal project costs are captured and inserted into Forecast.
- Liaise with director of Legal to ensure all departmental costs are up to date and accurate
- Review Cost Report
- Raise cheques / BACs requests
- Preparation of certifications and legal documentation
- Manage departmental Business Continuity Plan, including updating the department's Organisational Chart - to be updated annually or when a new starter joins the team / someone leaves
- Manage department's Basic Control File
- Manage new starter / termination process - arrange for access to building, printer access, hardware / software requests
- Organise travel for the Head of Legal - search for flight / hotel / parking costs, raise travel approval and then book accordingly
- Process expense claims for the Head of Legal
- Manage legal team holiday tracker
- Complete Salary Time Statements for the legal team
- Complete tasks within and update Daily Review Guides
- Organise legal team meetings and ad hoc meetings
- Organise 1-2-1's between Director, Legal team
- Assist with preparation of presentations
Company Secretarial Assistant Responsibilities
- Board, Risk and Audit Committee pack preparation
- Prepare Agenda with Chairman and Company Secretary and issue to Board of Directors
- Circulate action points following each Board and Committee meeting
- Ensure all Company Secretarial filing - e.g. minutes, resolutions, returns, statutory registers, certifications, powers of attorney
- Maintain Companies House Website and Account and order Certificates of Good Standing
- Coordinate the notarisation and apostilling of company documents, liaising with the notary as necessary
- Conduct periodic audits of hard copies of Board, Risk, Audit, RemCo and Admin committee minutes and other statutory documents
- Attend to periodic information requests from Auditors, the Prudential Regulation Authority and other internal and external stakeholders
Project Administration Responsibilities
- Assist the Legal project lead with setting up new suppliers on the Supplier Database
- Process project invoices for payment - print and code invoices and pass to project lead / legal director / general counsel for approval and send to India team when approved
- Maintain invoice tracker - enter invoice details once received and track progress of invoices, liaising with the shared service centre where necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent Outlook, Word, and basic Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Document and office management support skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work independently with a good attention to detail
- Good self-organisational skills
- Takes initiative and resolves issues through innovative solutions
You will ideally have worked as a Legal Assistant or Administrator or PA or EA with experience of working with a legal team.
What you'll get in return
£12.14-14.56 from day one dependant on experience rising to £14.56 after 12 weeks. This job is starting on a temporary basis, but with a view to be offered permanently for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'