Innovative Birmingham based Law Firm are looking to recruit a legal assistant to work within their Court of Protection Team. The role will be working within a team working closely with clients across sites
The role will be providing full support to the Legal Advisors and where required cover any secretarial absences within the rest of the office where necessary. This role requires proactive thinking to support the needs of the Legal Advisor. The role will be varied and busy and entail:
- Chasing bills as per Legal Advisor instruction
- Matter housekeeping including preparing disbursement bills, write off and file closures.
- Preparing expenses claims and keeping records of closed files
- Interaction with clients mainly over the telephone but also in person
- In house forms, laser forms (credit notes)
- Diary management.
- Organising meetings, travel arrangements etc.
- Travel booking for legal advisors
- Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries
- Cheque & payment requisitions
- Reconciling bank statements
- Preparing and reconciling annual accounts
- Liaising with suppliers
- Preparing correspondence, documents and bills.
- Typing file notes and attendance notes
- Preparing enclosures ready for signing and sending out with the post.
- Opening and closing client files.
- File management and filing of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence.
- Compiling and sending bills of costs to costs draftsmen and the Court
Applicants will have previous Leal experience. Exposure to private client or court of protection would be desirable. You will have experience of supporting a team.
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer