Legal and Regulatory Technical Adviser
This is an excellent opportunity if you would like to broaden your knowledge, gain technical and coaching skills and join a supportive team.
Is this you?
Are you a solicitor with regulatory experience?
Can you give first class technical legal advice?
Do you want the opportunity to positively influence colleagues through training and mentoring?
Would you like to contribute to the development of policies and processes in one of the largest operational teams?
What will you need to do?
As a Legal and Regulatory Technical Adviser (in the organisation, you will be known as a Technical Adviser), you will be part of a small dynamic team accountable for providing high quality legal technical advice and support to our Authorisation directorate.
Authorisation assesses and permits entry into the solicitor's profession for firms and individuals and authorises continuance of practice.
* You will need to use your extensive knowledge of our regulations and statute to review and produce high quality decisions, advice and reports.
* You will coach and mentor members of the Authorisation team and positively influence their behaviours, attitudes to risk and their approach to regulation.
* You will also be involved in developing and providing training.
* You will report to the senior technical adviser and you will work with them to contribute to the development of our processes and processes.
What are we looking for?
* Solicitor with regulatory experience.
* The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* An understanding of regulatory and operational risk.
* A track record of leading, delivering solutions, and taking responsibility for the successful resolution of complex issues.
* Resilience with the ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
* Proactive problem solver and decision maker.
* The ability to work well with others to bring out the best in them.
If you are shortlisted, we aim to inform you at the end of April 2018 and interviews will be taking place on Tuesday 1 and Wednesday 2 May 2018.
Recent applicants from the last 6 months need not apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job