Duncan Lewis Solicitors was established in 1998 and employs in excess of 800 staff and consultants across London and the UK. Duncan Lewis is LEXCEL accredited and proud to have achieved GOLD Investors in People Status since 2009.
Due to a substantial increase in work, our Billing & Costing Department are looking to recruit a Legal Aid Billing Supervisors to train and manage a team of Billing Assistants.
The role requires the ability to work in a fast pace environment, excellent management and organisation skills and attention to detail. We are looking for a flexible team player who can thrive within a large team and who utilises an assertive yet tactful approach when dealing with our fee earners, external agencies and experts.
The main tasks will involve training and supervision of junior billing assistants to process:
- Legal Aid bills and ensuring files are sent to the Legal Aid Agency without delay.
- Legal Aid High Cost Case Contracts
- Bills with enclosures to Supreme Court Costs Office.
- Inter Partes bills including negotiation and up to settlement
- Assisting with payment of Invoices.
- Private bills & preparing final cost transfers.
- Bills payable by third parties.
- Liaising with Barristers Clerks.
The successful candidate must have:-
- Ability to manage and supervise a team
- Ability to train junior staff to process bills
- Excellent management and numerical skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, whilst also be confident in liaising with senior managers and fee earners.
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to process information using relevant software (databases, spreadsheet packages).
- Strong business acumen.
Previous experience in processing legal aid and private billing is essential.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies to you.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
If you require further information about Duncan Lewis Solicitors, please visit our website.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCIES
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job