Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: Competitive + 3% flex fun + car allowance + 5% matched pension + 25 days annual leave
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
The day job
Sopra Steria are currently looking to recruit an experience Legal Advisor to join Legal Department at our Hemel Hempstead office, reporting to the Head of Legal.
As Legal Advisor you will be responsible for the delivery of an effective, efficient and business orientated legal service that ensures the business can meet its commercial and contractual objectives within budget and in a timely manner . You will also be responsible for the provision of advice on policy implementation to inform strategic choices in decision making within a strategic (legal) framework.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You will advise Business Stakeholders on legal matters relevant to their business to ensure that legal, governance and related issues are properly understood and factored into decision making
- Provide Legal advice on large business transactions, including the analysis of contract clauses, documents and major customer forms; advising on and drafting responses to proposed business terms; drafting new agreements, amendments and other documentation; and ensuring that legal, governance and related issues are understood and factored into decision making
- Advise on contract negotiation
- Advise and identify risks that cannot be managed mitigated through the legal process
- Manage and identify risks and mitigation outside of contract
- Advise on and implement corporate non-transactional matters
- Instruct and manage external counsel for the Company as appropriate to ensure best value and quality of service
- Promote, organise and deliver education and awareness on relevant legal issues for Sopra Steria people so that people have an understanding of legal issues appropriate to their responsibilities
- Highlight priority areas requiring legal support and agree action plans to address issues
- Deliver first class legal advice, working closely with the relevant business teams on strategic commercial, legal and regulatory developments and negotiations, taking account of all relevant legal risks.
- Participate in business decisions on strategy, commercial policy and specific transactions to ensure that legal, governance and related issues are properly understood and addressed
- Contribute to the development of the Department, through driving change to match the company as it changes, and driving continuous improvement in line with internal client expectations
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (at least qualified, and likely to be between 2-4 years PQE)
- Good communicator, also able to listen effectively in a team or commercial environment
- Strong understanding of commercial issues as a result of due diligence undertaken on transactions
- Experience of working in TMT, Commercial or Corporate Divisions of leading law firms, or in-house experience at a technology focused organisation
- Knowledge and strong understanding of Business Process Outsourcing
- Ability to manage and deliver against competing priorities
- Committed to building on legal capabilities and technical skills in both general commercial practise as well as increase depth in a specialist practise area such as property, employment, or regulation.
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We’re big – really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you’ll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'