Keen to consider the transition from private practice to In-house or maybe looking to move into a new industry?
We currently have a great opportunity to join our close knit Commercial Legal Support team as Legal Advisor.
As a junior qualified lawyer or fellow of the institute of Legal Executives with circa 3 years PQE experience in a similar role you’ll be providing legal advice and support to a diverse range of business areas covering our tour operator, retail, cruise and airline operations. As part of a Global organisation, you will also have the opportunity to work on Group wide initiatives with colleagues in our other international offices.
We pride ourselves as the worlds leading tourism group and our desire to attract top talent. Our offices and culture are professional but not as corporate as you might expect. We have a relaxed feel and a sense of fun and we encourage you to bring your personality to work. In line with our Ways of Working approach, we are able to consider remote working 1 - 2 days per week dependant on line manager approval.
Our Legal teams support across TUI UK&I and beyond ensuring integrity and reducing risk in our businesses as part of the World’s Leading Tourism Group. From compliance to litigation to commercial, the scope of the work is broad and varied keeping things exciting and stimulating. In a fast moving industry such as tourism, there’s always something new to learn or a project to get involved in, so it's bound to be engaging and appealing.
How you will make an impact as Legal Advisor
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts including developing your knowledge in particular areas to become the subject matter expert
- Developing and updating precedents, procedures, policies and checklists to share best practice on legal matters across the business
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework and providing advice on various regulatory matters
- Drafting, revising and advising on customer documentation such as booking conditions
- Advise on marketing matters and investigating and responding to enquiries from the Trading Standard and the Advertising Standards Authority
- Attending and minuting senior management meetings as required
What you will bring to TUI as Legal Advisor
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Qualified solicitor or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives with circa 3 years PQE
- Excellent drafting skills with experience of commercial contracts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision using own initiative and plan and organise own workload
- Ability to research, interpret and provide advice on complex or new areas of law, commercial or operational areas
- Knowledge of commercial, consumer protection, marketing and data protection law
- Knowledge and understanding of the Package Travel Regulations, the ATOL Regulations and the ABTA Code of Conduct
- Ability to negotiate successfully and influence at all levels of the business
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships and act as an ambassador for the business
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrive
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'