An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s largest tour operator and part of the leading tourism business at an interesting time of change for the travel industry.
We are looking for a junior commercial lawyer or fellow of the institute of Legal Executives with circa 3 years post qualification experience in a similar role. Responsible for providing legal advice and assistance to the UK & Ireland business and UK based Group or centralised functions and act as subject expert in relevant areas of law.
This role will be based at our offices in Luton and is offered on a Fixed Term contract basis for up to 12 months.
What you will be doing
As Legal Advisor you will be drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts for the tour operator, retail, cruise, airline and UK based Group or centralised functions.
The role will require you to develop particular knowledge and expertise and take primary ownership for certain commercial contracts.
You will be responsible for developing and updating precedents, procedures, policies and checklists to share best practice on legal matters across the business.
The role will require you to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework and provide advice on regulatory matters to the business.
You will draft, revise and advise on customer documentation, booking conditions, the A to Z, cruise conditions of carriage, flight conditions of carriage and website terms and conditions.
As Legal Advisor you will be attending and minuting senior management meetings as required.
You will also advise on marketing matters and investigating and responding to enquiries from the Advertising Standards Authority alleging breach of the CAP Code.
What we are looking for
- Qualified solicitor or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives with circa 3 years PQE
- Word/Excel/Outlook/internet proficient
- Knowledge of TUI products, systems and processes
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision using own initiative and plan and organise own workload
- Ability to research, interpret and provide advice on complex or new areas of law
Good knowledge and experience of
- commercial contract drafting
- commercial, consumer protection, marketing and data protection law
- Knowledge and understanding of the Package Travel Regulations, the ATOL Regulations and the ABTA Code of Conduct
- Ability to negotiate successfully and influence at all levels of the business
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research in depth both legal and commercial/operational issues
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships both internally and externally and act as an ambassador for the business with key contacts
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Applications close 10 May 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job