My client is looking for a part time Legal Administrator to join the company on a temporary basis for 6 months.
- Providing clerical and administrative assistance to the Legal department and assisting with legal support activities, to include collection of post, gathering and circulating documentation and information as requested, obtaining signatures on agreements approved for execution and distribution of executed agreements.
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date log of all requests for generation of new legal agreements and all legal agreements under negotiation and assigning contract numbers to newly executed legal agreements.
- Coordinating signature, exchange, scanning and storage of legal agreements.
- Maintaining the Contracts Database, to include creation of new records, attaching scanned copies of newly executed documents and contract summaries to the Contracts Database, and responding to enquiries regarding entries on Contracts Database.
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date filing and reference system for all signed, original agreements and sourcing and supplying original and copy documents in response to appropriate requests.
- Maintaining electronic copies of relevant legal agreements and Board Resolutions for disclosure to the company’s auditors during the annual audit process.
- Acting as the main point of contact for all live legal agreements managed by the Legal department.
- Monitoring all legal agreements due for expiry and collecting instructions on renewal/expiry and liaising with the General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel accordingly.
- Assisting the General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel in preparation of amendments to legal agreements (word processing aspects).
- Maintaining statutory books (registers of Board Minutes, Board Resolutions etc).
- Assisting the General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel in scheduling internal training sessions for staff (coordinating dates and attendees, maintaining records of course attendance, and collecting certificates of compliance as appropriate).
- Scheduling and booking travel, meetings and external training courses for the General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel.
- To work on ad hoc projects as assigned by the General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel to assist in the achievement of departmental objectives.
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to at least Degree level standard or equivalent, with substantial experience in an administrative role within a legal or similar environment. Knowledge of handling legal documents would be preferred.
- Experience of working within a hi-tech, fast-moving environment would be advantageous.
- High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Advanced competency is required in Word including merging documents, creating and working with templates, formatting, table of contents, appendices, working with long documents etc. Working knowledge of Calendar and Outlook would be preferable.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and excellent time management/prioritisation skills and proficient at coordinating multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining a responsive and flexible approach;
- Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills and a good command of the English language and an ability to communicate with people at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to maintain a level of professional confidentiality at all times, relating to the sensitivity of information/data handled.
- Experience of working in a confidential environment with the ability to deal with situations with tact and discretion.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically in a busy environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate a proactive approach to work.
- Experience of working in a customer service oriented department.
- Legal Documents