Legal Secretary / Paralegal
Our client is a very well-established Law firm that is currently looking for an additional Legal Secretary/Paraplanner within their busy conveyancing department.
Main purpose of job:
- Secretarial support to solicitors and other members of the department
- Management and production of documents
- File administration and data management
- Admin and secretarial support for the notarial function
Scope of job
- Assisting other secretaries from time to time.
- Assisting lawyers from time to time
- Timely production of documents and management of files.
- Efficient handling of telephone calls, liaison with clients and third parties
- Provision of assistance to and dealing with tasks delegated by lawyers.
- Sound knowledge of Word and all office systems.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To deal with word-processing/typing and production of all documents and correspondence as directed by Lawyers.
- To attend to clients both on telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass them on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay and to assist with the above for your department in the absence of other secretaries.
- To deal accurately with filing - storing and retrieval of clients’ files in line with the Department’s filing system.
- To set up new files and new matters accurately and speedily on instructions from lawyers.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
- To ensure that the lawyers’ time records are entered promptly.
- To accurately administer billing and financial accounting transactions and procedures
Preferably experience of working within a law firm and in particular a commercial property department
Good and accurate typing speed
Familiar with digital dictation and if possible using outsourced dictation providers
Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Services advertised by Candour Recruitment Ltd are those of an employment business.
- Secretarial Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'