We're recruiting for a Legal Administrator to join a well-established, successful company, based in Radlett!
Our client, experts in their field, are a modern and innovative legal firm. They believe firmly in developing their staff and recognising their achievements. You will be joining a warm, friendly and social team environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to start a career within the legal sector or for someone who comes with commercial/residential property or conveyancing experience!
The company are looking for someone with good front of house and administration skills with a genuine interest in the legal world. The successful candidate will be working within the residential property sector, supporting staff with all client file requirements, and providing general administrative assistance to the team.
Front of House Duties
- Answer the switchboard and screen/direct calls as necessary
- Attend to visitors and clients including meet and greet
- Manage meeting room bookings for fee-earners
- Overseeing office petty cash, including maintaining float, paying expenses, monthly reconciliation and liaison with Accounts department
- All incoming mail to be sorted, dated, allocated and delivered to fee-earners
- Sorting and franking of outgoing post
- Carry out photocopying and scanning
- Organise special deliveries and couriers
- Date and register all incoming cheques and supply details to Accounts
- Radlett and Borehamwood file retrieval and storage for archives
- Monitor stationery, catering and IT consumable levels and prepare orders as necessary
- Act as a witness for Will signings etc.
- Undertake overflow copy typing provided direct from other secretaries in the office
- Drafting legal forms (e.g. AP1 & SDLT)
- Preparation of searches, contract reports, completion statements and invoices
- Filing applications with the Land Registry
- Drafting letters
- Opening and archiving files
- Phoning banks for redemption statements
- Ideally educated to degree level but not necessarily in law
- Experience within an administrative/reception based role
- Articulate with good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills - ideally 50 wpm minimum
- Computer literate
- Ability to multi-task, organise, prioritise and plan
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Confident with the ability to develop relationships with all levels of management
- Ability to follow instructions given
The successful candidate will have a warm and friendly manner in order to fit in with a like-minded team.
Salary: £18k - £26k, depending on experience - for the top end of the salary you would need to come with considerable previous residential/commercial property experience within a law firm
Benefits: 23 days holiday (plus 2 additional for Christmas period), pension contribution, discretionary bonus
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- General Administration
- Keyboard Skills