Legal Accounts Assistant- York City Centre!
£19- £22k starting salary + Amazing benefit package
One of the largest and most long-established firms in North Yorkshire, this firm is based in the heart of York City Centre. Priding themselves on their reputation in the market, this firm has seen substantial growth over the last two years and is now looking for an experienced Legal Accounts Assistant to come and join their expanding Accounts team.
As Accounts Assistant you will assist with the daily operations of the Accounts department, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. You will be responsible for helping to maintain the smooth running of the office. Assisting the Head of Finance, firm's Secretaries, Legal Advisers and firms clients.
* Assisting with daily bank reconciliations.
* Entering cash on ledgers.
* Preparing client and office banking.
* Use of online banking systems.
* Processing of CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments and inter-account transfers.
* Processing client to office transfers for payment of bills.
* Checking bills and completion statements.
* Entering supplier invoices.
* Raising, checking and arranging for signature of cheque payments.
* General accounting duties.
* Assisting with month end and year end duties.
* Provide cover for other members of team during absences.
* Dealing with queries from fee earners and support staff.
* Provide additional support to the Accounts Manager, Directors or other staff as required
* To operate within the Solicitors Accounts Rules as outlined by the Law Society with regard to the handling of Client money.
* To remain up to date with regards to changes within the profession by attending suitable courses.
* A' levels plus grade C or above in both English and maths at GCSE level Essential
* AAT qualified or studying towards
* Desirable Knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
* Excellent numerical skills.
* Essential Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines. Essential Good IT skills including working knowledge of MS Office packages.
* Essential Experience Previous experience as a Legal Cashier within a law firm.
* Essential Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
* Essential Excellent interpersonal and client care skills.
* 25 days holiday + bank
* Study Support if required
* Generous staff discounts on legal services
* Health cash plan
* Various other benefits
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'