With offices office situated in Leeds our client operates within the FMCG sector, reporting directly to the Finance Controller the main focus of the position is to oversee the Group Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams ensuring that debts are recovered as cost effectively as possible, and payments to suppliers are made in a timely and efficient way.
The duties of the position to include:
* Responsible for the direction, motivation and workload overview of your team; along with delivering Departmental objectives set by the Revenue and Margin Accounting Manager
* Collection of outstanding debt when it becomes due
* Monitoring of Independent overdue balances and targeted collection of these, including held order release
* Independent credit limit setting and reviewing
* Bad debt provisioning and reviewing accounts going legal
* National account debt performance and liaising with NASM on account performance
* Direct Debit cash collection process
* Accounts Receivable/Payable reporting including balance sheet planning
* Cash flow forecasting
* Supplier payment generation including accounting for direct debit payments
* SOX compliance
Elevation Accountancy & Finance would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experiences:
* Relevant Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable experience
* Experience in managing a small team
* Strong PC Skills (particularly Microsoft Excel)
* Ability to work under pressure and meet reporting deadlines
* Comfortable in dealing with all levels of management
* You should have an accounting or Credit Control Qualification (ICM)
Elevation Accountancy & Finance is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on accountancy & finance positions in Yorkshire and the surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
Due to high volume applications, if you have not heard from one of our consultants within 14 days you have not been successful at this time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job