We have an opportunity for a Lecturer in 14-16 Freshstart Provision to join the team based at our Chichester and Brinsbury Campuses. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week and will receive a salary of £20,671-£36,287 per annum.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College changed its name to Crawley College. It also merged with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
About our Lecturer in 14-16 Freshstart Provision role
Chichester College has an opportunity for a Lecturer to join the 14-16 Freshstart teaching team.
Freshstart aims to deliver dynamic and exciting lessons to pre-16 (year 10 and 11) students to re-engage them back into education. The students have a range of individual support needs including emotional and behavioural challenges. Some students are disengaged and disinterested in education and find a college environment more appropriate for their educational needs.
The area delivers a range of core subjects including English, Maths, Personal Social Education and ICT. This particular role will focus on delivering Entry Level and Level 1 ICT. Other vocational and engagement skills will be an advantage.
Key Responsibilities as our Lecturer in 14-16 Freshstart Provision;
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Undertake and support the delivery of Functional Skills Maths, English, Personal Social Education (PSE) and/or ICT.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration Maths and English development and equality and diversity.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College in a positive way for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Participate in student reviews and other relevant meetings to manage the achievement and attendance of students.
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in 14-16 Freshstart Provision:
- Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Level 2 ICT (or equivalent) qualification or a willingness to work towards
- Relevant industrial/commercial/subject experience
- Working with challenging young people
- Teaching and assessing learners
- Working knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing Date: 15 October 2017
Interview Date: 24 October 2017
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in 14-16 Freshstart Provision then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job