Lecturer in Law
We have an opportunity available for a Lecturer in Law who has recent experience teaching A Level lawto join our team at our Chichester campus. The role is full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week and you will receive a competitive salary of £20,878 - £36,650 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return as our Lecturer in Law we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Reporting to the Head of Learning, your key role will be to undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs. We also offer a range of Law provision including BTEC, CIlex and Criminology. The ability to deliver CIlex Level 6 Criminal Litigation would be an advantage.
Our Lecturer in Law duties and key responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed- To ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy
Our Lecturer in Law should have the below skills and experience;
- Degree in Law or equivalent
- Hold a PGCE or Certificate in Education
- Relevant commercial experience in a legal environment
- Experience teaching and assessing A level learners
- Working knowledge of linear A level law syllabus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Law then please click 'apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Thursday16th August 2018
Interview date: Monday 3rd September 2018
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'