Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for and provide a best in class level of service for a range of Leasehold functions; most notably around the collection of rent, service charges and major works.
Leasehold Collections Officers are key delivery roles in ensuring that the Group achieves its strategic objectives of minimising arrears and increasing cash collection. The role is also key in embedding a customer first culture that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
You will be the first point of contact for effectively managing leasehold and freehold arrears with a strong focus on income collection maximisation and customer relations. Following a set of agreed policies and procedures and using data to ensure rent, service charge and major works targets are met whilst helping customers to manage debt.
To maximise all revenue streams to improve income collection rates and minimise the levels of debt. To monitor arrears cases and ensure that prompt action is taken, including liaison with internal Benefits & Money advice specialists, mortgage lenders and instigating legal proceedings where necessary.
To respond to routine enquiries from leaseholders, in person, through correspondence and by telephone.
To actively promote to leaseholders and freeholders the range of payment methods available and signpost them to the relevant financial or other support available.
Provide advice and information to tenants in respect of interventions for managing arrears and welfare benefit entitlements.
To investigate and to manage all breaches of tenancy until resolution
To prepare and submit applications to the County Court or First Tier Tribunals in relation to arrears, seeking and enforcing judgement. Attend Court or Tribunals to represent Peabody as necessary.
To ensure that all files and records are updated using the appropriate corporate systems and to use information technology as necessary, for monitoring, record keeping and statistical analysis purposes.
To work closely and flexibly with all staff across departments to provide an excellent level of customer service.
To use initiative to contribute towards the collective output of the team, in order to meet all statutory or other deadlines.
To liaise with and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and other service providers.
To ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders to maximise customer satisfaction.
To externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace.
To carry out any other duties that maybe required within the purpose and grade of the job.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the law and practical application in relation to leasehold, shared ownership and freehold properties.
- Sound knowledge and experience of leasehold management in a social housing or mixed tenure environment.
- Experience of representing Landlords in relation to breaches of covenant at the First Tier Tribunal (LVT) and the County Court.
- Demonstrable high levels of customer service even in difficult and challenging circumstances.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadline
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, at all levels with excellent negotiation skills
- Intermediate level computer literacy in an integrated Housing Management system and Microsoft Office including, Word & Excel. Working knowledge of modern Collection IT systems and experience in influencing how these can be made more effective or efficient.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'