Bletchley Park is a vibrant heritage attraction, open daily to visitors. Once the top-secret home to World War Two Codebreakers, our Mission is to preserve and enhance Bletchley Park, to attract, engage and educate visitors from all over the world through the continuing restoration and development of the entire estate and our exhibitions.
As the Learning Visits Coordinator, your duties will be to:
- Organise and coordinate learning visits.
- Manage and respond to initial enquiries with advice on appropriate choices.
- Answer the telephone and email enquiries in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Provide a high standard of customer service to the public and colleagues.
- Book volunteer and sessional staff to cover sessions, workshops and events and undertake associated administration.
- Organise and schedule visits including itinerary, arrival and departure.
- Briefing volunteers and session leaders on learning group visits in advance and on the day of the visit.
- Check rooms, resources and materials are organised in preparation for learning visits.
- Ordering resources and materials as directed.
- Maintaining, updating recorded data on the bookings system (Gamma).
- Collecting data including accurate learning visitor numbers.
To be a successful Learning Visits Coordinator you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to assist others.
- Excellent communication skills including a confident telephone manner, good literacy and numeracy skills including good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- IT skills including MS Word, Excel and Google mail/documents.
- A knowledge of and interest in the Bletchley Park story and a willingness to promote the Trust’s mission.
- Experience of working in an office environment within a learning, museum, arts or heritage establishment.
- Experience of digital booking systems.
You will be working 27.5 hours per week usually Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 3.00pm with ½ hour lunch break. Occasionally some early evenings or weekends may be required which will be recompensed by time in lieu.
In return, the Learning Visits Coordinator will receive a salary of £18,000 pro rata plus 33 days holiday pro rata.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job