Benefits: 25 days holidays, staff discount, private medical, life assurance, bonus, pension
About the Company
A leading Health and Beauty retailer based in Croydon are looking to recruit a Learning Technologies Manager to join the HR team.
Support the organisation’s strategic approach to the development and delivery of the online learning capability - specifically:
- Developing and maintaining online learning materials (scoping, storyboarding, designing and building), and working with third parties to create online content.
- Managing and quality assuring all content on the Learning Management System and associated technology.
- Managing the e-support help desk (telephone and email inbox) and providing efficient and professional responses to queries.
What will your working week be like?
- Lead on the creation of high quality online learning content, working with SMEs to define content and collaborate with a range of departments and suppliers as required.
- Build professional online content that will integrate with a Learning Management System and other virtual or mobile learning platforms, including: curriculum development, scripting content, editing/integrating interactive multimedia such as video clips or web casts, creating quizzes and assessments etc.
- Support the testing of content and courses in line with testing plans, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Working in conjunction with colleagues to develop styles and standards.
- Selecting using a variety of techniques for defining and sequencing instructional content/strategies.
- Developing course content and ensuring an engaging customer experience based on agreed business requirements.
- Support the planning, shooting, and editing of video and images for incorporation into e-learning courses.
- Produce and maintain key content documentation including content outlines, storyboards, asset lists, transcripts.
- Support in the design and development of innovative training programmes and courses, including selecting the appropriate delivery methods and content sources.
- Ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, compliant and up to date.
- Managing the learning platform and support help desk.
Who will suit this role?
- Excellent standard of English, grammar and copywriting skills
- A sound knowledge and application of established e-learning methodologies (ISD, ADDIE); current research, theory and practice of instructional design, and web based eLearning standards and specifications (SCORM, xAPI)
- Experience of technical writing, curriculum development, course design and evaluation methods within a virtual/e-learning environment
- Experience of developing learning programmes and content, identifying the best approach from a variety of intervention methods
- Experience of applying sound quality assurance practices to ensure the learning product achieves the organisations goals
- The ability to work independently and prioritise tasks to ensure the learning interventions are aligned with the learning outcomes/assessment criteria
- Use of own initiative when recommending course/content developments
- Experience of capturing video for use within development materials
- Good visual design skills, the ability to storyboard and a keen eye for detail.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.