Learning Support Assistants Required, Hillingdon, Greater London
Start Date- ASAP
Salary- From £65 -£70
Contract Type- Permanent/ Long Term for the right candidate
GSL Educationare currently looking for passionate and experienced Learning Support Assistants to work within one of our client schools located in the London Borough of Hillingdon. We prefer staff already experienced at working with 11 -16 PRU/Alternative Education Provision. The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent classroom support, to enable teaching and learning, flexible approach and have the skills to build rapport.
Our client is a state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. It is a friendly, safe and caring place, where everybody matters. They respect each other, the environment and themselves. They recognise that all their pupils have enormous potential and therefore help them to build a happy, healthy and successful future. Their aim is to instill in each pupil an understanding of their inherent value and the value of others to enable them to go on to live in the world as independent people and meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- Educated to GCSE standard in English and Maths
- A clear understanding of the features of high quality teaching and learning at KS3 and 4
- Commitment to the safeguarding of all learners
- Demonstrable effectiveness in promoting equality and diversity through assisting the management of the learning environment and challenging discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
- Effective in managing behaviour and in motivating all learners to make a positive contribution to the learning environment and fulfil their potential for learning
- Understanding of alternative and therapeutic interventions for student progression
- Experience of working with students with behaviour issues
- Good inter-personal skills to enable you to assist with liaison between student and school or other agencies
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Remains motivated, even when under pressure, to ensure that a high standard service to the customer is maintained
- Excellent team-working skills with a record of working co-operatively to achieve individual and team goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and email) and in using student record information systems
- Committed to reflecting on own performance, seeking and accepting constructive feedback and learning from own experiences
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to an already flourishing department and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Primary & SEN Education Consultant Hinal Patel as soon as possible.