Location: Doucecroft School, Eight Ash Green, Colchester
Salary: £15,511 (£8.72 per hour)
Full time, term time only - 38.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, plus 3 days per annum during school holidays
Job ref: D183
You will provide direct support to our students in their learning environment in both a group and individual setting. Taking an active role in a wide range of classroom and physical activities throughout the academic year; assisting and working closely with the Class Teacher and Teaching Assistant to contribute to lessons. Based at Doucecroft School, a converted estate in a beautiful setting near Colchester your main duties will include:
- Supporting the students alongside colleagues in the classroom, during break periods and at lunchtimes
- Under the direction of the Class Teacher, help prepare for lessons, contribute towards and carry out schemes of work and Individual Student Plans (ISP) and Care Plans
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of each student’s stage of development regarding assessment, communication, ISPs and management programmes
- Supporting the Class Teacher in planning and preparing for educational visits and school journeys and accompany students on such visits
- NVQ Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning - desirable
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above - essential
- Relevant experience working with students with autism or learning disabilities in an educational setting - essential
- Experience working with students across the ability range and autistic spectrum - desirable
- To be able to drive and hold a full driving licence - desirable
Autism Anglia’s Doucecroft School provides education and care for children and young people with autistic spectrum condition. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity who provide to their staff ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Access to Perkbox incentives including exclusive High Street, entertainment, restaurant and supermarket discounts
- Refer a friend scheme
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as requiring a signed declaration, `Childcare Disqualification Declaration Form`
If no response is received within 3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'