I am currently working with a school on an exciting new role in the Chelmsford area.
Starting in November, the school are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join them, the position would be a part-time fixed contract.
The role involves working as part of a support team to develop strategies for a group of students with various learning needs and disabilities, including physical. The school caters to students between the ages 11-18, the school offers excellent facilities and is easy to reach.
- Providing support to students with severe learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
- Taking an active role in implementing planned activities and teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher and adjusting activities to pupil’s needs where possible
- Establish positive relationships with supported students and provide feedback to them in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Work in coalition with the national curriculum and ICT
- A relevant learning support and teaching assistant qualification is desirable but not essential
- Experience and understanding of working with children with learning and physical difficulties is valuable
- Adherence to confidentiality and safeguarding practices and be willing to undertake potential training to enhance skills and understanding
- Having an enthusiastic, committed and approachable character is essential to build and maintain relationships with students supported
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An enhanced an up-to-date DBS check (we can provide this for you)
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in or you are seeking an educational role, please forward your most up-to-date CV in the strictest of confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'