** Learning Support Assistant position
** Outstanding Primary school based in Redbridge
** September start
Active Recruitment are currently working with an Outstanding Primary School based in Redbridge who are looking to appoint an exceptional Learning Support Assistant to join their diverse 3 form entry community school. The successful candidate will be a proactive, positive, enthusiastic person who can work flexibly and creatively to support children with SEN in learning and achieving their full potential. The role will be varied - at times working with an individual SEN pupil or with a small group of SEN pupils.
This is an outstanding opportunity for talented learning support assistants with a passion for providing an inclusive learning environment for all students. You will have an excellent understanding of the role that Learning Support Assistants play in enhancing the learning and attainment of students with Additional Educational Needs.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to the maintenance of an atmosphere in which pupils gain self-confidence, enjoyment and motivation to learn.
- Work with staff to promote pupil’s social and educational welfare.
- Support pupil’s to access learning across the curriculum through in-class support and targeted withdrawal
- Support assessment of pupil work in preparation for the next stage of learning.
- Assist the pupil in using specialist equipment and technology to support independence and access to the curriculum.
We need someone who:
- Is committed to pupils’ learning and well-being
- Is friendly and can work as part of a team
- Has empathy and can understand varying perspectives
- Has experience of working with pupils, particularly those with special educational needs, including Autism and Speech and Language communication difficulties
- Enjoys working in a culturally diverse community
What you will get in return:
- Enthusiastic children
- A positive, friendly and supportive staff team
- Support and training opportunities to develop your full potential
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'