CAMBIAN SCARBOROUGH SCHOOL
Role: Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £14,500 per annum permanent full time role (initial 6 month probationary period)
Working Hours: 8:30am – 4pm Monday to Friday (occasional additional hours for training)
Location: Cambian Scarborough School, North Yorkshire
The Cambian Scarborough School is seeking to appoint a learning support assistant to start as soon as possible. The role is to provide general support to teaching staff in a school where pupils may demonstrate challenging behaviour.
Responsibilities will include:
• To provide support to teaching staff and help pupils who may demonstrate challenging behaviour.
• To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
• To mentor and engage with the pupils, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
• To work alongside the classroom teacher and to help pupils to engage in lessons.
A successful candidate should:
• Have adequate training with teaching assistant or support worker experience within areas of special needs.
• Be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
• An excellent communicator and familiar with the Education system.
• Preferably have training such as ‘PILLARS’ restraint training or equivalent de-escalation knowledge, although this can be provided.
We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work of inspiring pupils who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who has the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
Cambian Scarborough School is an independent day school with up to 18 pupils on roll, aged 8 to 18, all of whom have social, emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties, and most with education health and care plans in place for them. Pupils are placed in Scarborough School by local authorities.
There is a loyal and committed team of staff in place who work very hard on behalf of the pupils that attend. They are looking forward to welcoming an additional learning support assistant to their enthusiastic and committed team.
Pupils at Scarborough School attend because they are unable to attend mainstream education for a range of reasons and some have missed significant periods of education prior to joining the school.
Scarborough School aims to re-engage pupils with their learning in a safe and caring environment where their feelings of failure and frustration are replaced with a sense of belonging and success. The school provides child-centred, high quality education to enable pupils to achieve their personal best.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job