We require an inspirational Learning Support Assistant, with relevant qualifications and experience, to support access to learning, on a 1:1 basis, for a student with particularly complex learning and behavioural needs. To also provide general support to the class teacher and other education staff in the management of all pupils and the learning environment. The ability to contribute to the development of our school is essential and we believe that energy, passion and a commitment to high standards are key characteristics required. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skills and experience in a challenging, motivating and highly rewarding environment.
Applications are invited from colleagues offering experience in working with pupils with a range of complex learning and behavioural needs, from mainstream schools and other educational settings.
The successful candidate will have experience in supporting a range of needs including social, emotional, behavioural, mental health and other complex learning needs. This role is predominantly education based but will also have a wider remit including supporting families, carers and the wider community. This role will also involve close working partnerships with all relevant agencies and stakeholders including Social Workers, Speech and Language Therapy Service, Educational Psychologist and Carers.
Although not definitive, the following list outlines the key tasks:
- helping pupil(s) who are underperforming in their subjects on a 1:1 basis inside and outside the classroom;
- implementing strategies and supporting pupil(s) in self-esteem and confidence-building activities;
- listening to and helping pupil(s) resolve a range of issues that are creating barriers to learning;
- working closely with parents/carers and visiting parents/carers at home to discuss issues and problems;
- supporting carers on behaviour strategies and parenting skills;
- organising and running extracurricular activities, such as sports, music and other appropriate activities during lunchtimes or as out-of-school activities
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks). Please contact Angela Cocke, School Administrator, for further details by email or telephone
Longdon Hall School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS check.