In this role you will work throughout the education department using specialist knowledge and experience to support the class teachers to ensure students follow a broad-based curriculum to meet their particular needs and learning styles.
To work throughout the Education Department supporting Class Teachers to ensure the entitlement of the children and young people to a broad-based appropriate curriculum which meets their discrete needs and learning styles.
Main Responsibilities Education & Residential:
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
- To promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
- To maintain good professional relationships with other members of staff and other interested parties including parents, families, social services and key stakeholders.
- To provide a positive role model for the students, presenting yourself in a highly professional manner throughout the waking day
- To work in accordance with the National Minimum Care Standards for Children’s homes and co-operate with any inspection process
- Ensure the respect, dignity and rights to privacy of all students as far as is reasonably practical
- To carry out all duties, as directed by the class teachers to maximise learning opportunities for all children and young people
- To support the development of high standards of personal hygiene and self help skills for all children and young people
- To support the development of communication skills by implementing communication goals in collaboration with Education, Multi-disciplinary team, Residential and Respite staff
- To assist with target setting, record keeping and assessment in classes
- To support the teacher in completing reports for Statutory Reviews and meetings concerning the children and young people
- To assist with the preparation of materials and learning resources
- To work with individual children and young people and small groups under the direction and planning of the teachers
- To assist with the recording of observations, using the school format and guidelines at the request of teachers
- To be a role model at all times to the children and young people
- Experience of working within a school or working with children or a young person with special needs is essential.
- GCSE’s in Maths and English, grade C or above or proven evidence of working towards relevant qualifications
- A good knowledge of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and related conditions and how that impacts the students behaviours
- Understands the importance of issues of health and safety