Location: West London
Pay rate: £12.90 per hour
Hours: Variable Hours (3-4 days per week)
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant looking or long term work within Further Education?
If so, read on…
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a variety of Colleges in the West London area who will be recruiting for a high demand of experienced Learning Support Assistants.
The successful candidate will be vibrant, passionate and determined to have a positive impact on the learner’s success. You would have had recent experience working with learners with learning difficulties and disabilities and supported both 1:1 basis and in small groups.
The College encourages the sharing of best practice within the organisation as they strive to develop and maintain good working systems. The College is also committed to employer engagement and working in partnership with local communities to ensure that they serve the local areas as effectively as possible to guarantee growth and a high quality service. With an Ofsted grading of 'Good' the college strives to give their students the best education and deliver exceptional results.
The roles and responsibilities for the position include:
• Assisting lecturers in the delivery of lessons, providing support to individual and small groups of learners in a Further Education setting.
• Assist in the delivery of individual work programmes for specific Learners
• Use routine supervision to support learners, including those who have physical, emotional or educational needs.
• Encourage learners to interact and work co-operatively with others to ensure each is engaged on the set task.
• Observe and report on learners performance and update relevant records at agreed time intervals if required
What the ideal candidate will need:
• Previous experience supporting learners with learning difficulties and disabilities in a Further Education setting both on a 1:1 basis and in small groups
• Minimum Level 2 qualification in Maths & English or equivalent
• Well organised
• Able to motivate learners to learn
• Clear enhanced DBS or willing complete one
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job