There has never been a better time to join Ambitious College. Our College is expanding and we are becoming a first-choice further education and training provider for young people with complex autism aged 16-25 and their families across London and beyond.
We are looking to appoint outstanding Learning and Behaviour Specialists who are keen to move to the next stage of their career. Learning and Behaviour Specialists are a vital part of our workforce. They work face to face with our learners everyday, inspiring and teaching to help them reach their full potential.
A general day to day may include some of the following:
- Encouraging young adults to learn basic life skills, hygiene, cooking, self-presentation
- To provide excellent personal care support in line with organisational policy and approved support plans and guidelines
- Dealing with challenging behaviour effectively and swiftly
- To be responsible for safeguarding learners and reporting any concerns
- To ensure the accurate completion of related administrative tasks
- Maintaining boundaries and rules
- Working closely with the trans-disciplinary team.
We are committed to investing in our people and their talent. We make sure every single person is clear about their role, and has the tools, knowledge and learning they need to perform well and make a difference.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package; here are just some of our fantastic benefits:
- Continuous professional development
- Access to People’s Pension and Group Personal Pension Scheme including life assurance cover
- Enhanced family friendly leave options
- Enhanced sick pay entitlement
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket and bike interest free loan
- Staff welfare benefits including: access to on onsite physiotherapy, Employee Engagement Programme with up to 6 sessions of face to face counselling, access to social events both on site and across all sites, mindfulness training.
Based at our CONEL campus in North London, you will work alongside a team of professionals to support our learners to achieve outstanding outcomes.
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday (we are willing to consider applicants with part time availability).
You will be required to work 42 weeks per year (please note the salary will NOT be pro rata).
Be extraordinary and join us in making the ordinary possible for young people.
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that at least one reference will be taken up prior to interview and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.
- Further Education
- Professional Development
- Young People
- Young Adults