We are currently looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant, with the minimum of 6 months experience working within an EBD environment.
If you can identify the difficulties our young youth may face in today's society and thrive off a challenge, this post is ideal for you! We are looking for a confident and experienced LSA who is resilient, open-minded and determined to make a positive contribution to the learning and development of the students. A background of working with young people with behaviour and emotional difficulties would be an advantage.
You are expected to have at least 6 months working experience, preferable secondary however, if you have extensive primary experience you will be considered for the role.
The ideal candidate
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
- Both knowledge and experience within Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Behaviour management skills; managing behaviour in a small classroom setting
- Ability to confidently offer 1:1 and small group work support
- Experience of setting SMART targets and working with IEPs
- A sheer passion for Education and a thriving desire to make a positive difference to the lives of our most challenged youths
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive in your day to day working and ability to use you initiative
We support a wide range of school aged young people in centres outside mainstream school but often work closely in partnership with groups of schools and other agencies. These vulnerable young people include those with emerging personality disorders, severe anxiety and depression as well as other mental health and medical needs.
To apply for this position, please send your CV ASAP to Jessica through this advert at ASQ Education or call and ask for her directly on
*****We offer competitive rates!!!!*****
We are currently working with numerous vacancies so if this position is not quite for you please do send Jessica your CV to discuss other opportunities more suitable to your requirements. ASQ Education partners with a number of SEN schools across London and the Home Counties to offer you the latest and best selection of educational positions.
- "SEN" "LSA" "TA" "EBD" "SCHOOLS" "SECONDARY SCHOOL" "PRU"