Location: Southall and Hammersmith
Pay rate: £12.90 per hour
Hours: 10 -3pm (3-4 days per week)
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant who holds a people and manual handling qualification or happy to work towards it?
If so, read on…
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a "Good" FE College in the West London area who are recruiting for motivated LSAs to provide academic support and personal care to students who have complex needs from moderate to severe learning difficulties
With an Ofsted grading of 'Good' the college strives to give their students the best education and deliver exceptional results. The College encourages the sharing of best practice within the organisation as they strive to develop and maintain good working systems. The College is also committed to employer engagement and working in partnership with local communities to ensure that they serve the local areas as effectively as possible to guarantee growth and a high quality service.
• Assisting lecturers in the delivery of lessons, providing support to individual and small groups of learners in a Further Education setting.
• Assist in the delivery of individual work programmes for specific learners
• Supporting learners with Epilepsy
• Providing Personal care, feeding, toileting and medicine management.
• Observe and report on learners performance and update relevant records at agreed time intervals if required
What the ideal candidate will need:
• Previous experience supporting wheelchair users and those that require personal care and/or experience working with severe ADHD/ASD learners.
• Buccal experience
• Personal care/ Manual handling/ Hoist training
• Clear enhanced DBS or willing complete
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business