To work throughout the Education Department supporting Class Teachers to ensure the entitlement of the children and young people to a broad-based appropriate curriculum which meets their discrete needs and learning styles.
Main Responsibilities Education & Residential:
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
- To promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
- To maintain good professional relationships with other members of staff and other interested parties including parents, families, social services and key stakeholders.
- To provide a positive role model for the students, presenting yourself in a highly professional manner throughout the waking day
- To work in accordance with the National Minimum Care Standards for Children’s homes and co-operate with any inspection process
- Ensure the respect, dignity and rights to privacy of all students as far as is reasonably practical
- To carry out all duties, as directed by the class teachers to maximise learning opportunities for all children and young people
- To support the development of high standards of personal hygiene and self help skills for all children and young people
- To support the development of communication skills by implementing communication goals in collaboration with Education, Multi-disciplinary team, Residential and Respite staff
- To assist with target setting, record keeping and assessment in classes
- To support the teacher in completing reports for Statutory Reviews and meetings concerning the children and young people
- To assist with the preparation of materials and learning resources
- To work with individual children and young people and small groups under the direction and planning of the teachers
- To assist with the recording of observations, using the school format and guidelines at the request of teachers
- To be a role model at all times to the children and young people
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job