REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY: Learning Support Assistant - Classroom Based
- To start 2 December 2019
- 30hrs per week - term time only (holiday pay is additional pro rata)
- Post would suit someone looking for school based hours
We are recruiting a Learning Support Assistant - Classroom Based for a primary school. This position is to support the school in the classroom as a float teaching assistant, also they require the candidate to support a student in KS1 with SEND. This role would be ideal for someone who has worked either in a school or care setting who has a great understanding of students with learning disabilities.
Learning Support Assistant - Classroom Based Responsibilities
- Supporting the class teachers with supporting the students with small group work such as extra numeracy and literacy.
- Support KS1 child with Special Needs in their learning and social enviroment
- It is essential to have previous experience working with Special Needs students, such as personal care developing learning and using PECS and flash cards, etc.
- Building students confidence.
- Be able to actively promote and assist safe learning.
For this Learning Support Assistant - Classroom Based position it is ideal if you are:
- Qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEND care qualifications.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of ASD, ADHD and learning disabilities.
- Previous experience working with moderate to complex learning difficulties including Autism would be essential
- Be prepared to work both in the classroom as a main class teaching assistant, and also work one to one with a SEND student.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
If you feel you are suitable for this special needs Teaching Assistant role, please call to discuss the role further or send us your CV asap.
- Personal Care
- Special Needs
- Assistant Teaching
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'