Salary: £13,932 - £16,719
An outstanding specialist school for Autism is now looking for learning support assistants to join their team. Based in the Radlett area the school is based on a country lane which is easily accessible via car. The school currently has 55 students on their role, all of which have with Autism and Aspergers. being a charity funded school, they pride of the positive impact and change that they make to these students lives. The students range between the ages of 4 through to 19 and the school helps to develop and shape the students abilities before stepping in to the world as an adult.
The school is now looking for a new learning support assistant to make a difference to their students. With the opportunity for a lot of development and support, the school are now offering permanent positions to start after the Easter break.
The role of the learning support assistant will include;
- This will be full time position
- You will be working with students with severe to complex Autism working across all ages
- There are two contracts currently available; ( 36.25 hours per week OR 43.5 hours per week)
- You will be working across the curriculum, using visual aids and other forms of communications to work with your students
- Due to the nature of the role there will be possibility of dealing with the students personal care needs ( assisting with feeding, toileting etc.)
- Depending on your contract you will be assisting the student to a from the lodge in the morning to ensure they arrive in their classes on time.
- As a learning support assistant at the school you will undergo a three day training course paid by the school before you start your role - this will include behaviour management and prevention techniques
The ideal candidate will have/ be;
* Previous experience with Autism
* Able to commute to Radlett on a daily basis ( must drive as closest bust stop and train station is 15-20 minute walk away)
* Able to commit to full time hours
* Able to manage challenging behaviour
* Has a positive and enthusiastic attitude to learning
* Has a clear and valid DBS
Interviews are taking place every Tuesday!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job