Autism Learning Support Assistant
Special Education Needs School
Start April 2018
Veritas are working with a special needs school (SEN) who are looking for an experienced learning support assistant to support children who have Autism (ASD). The school is a purpose built provision school for children with SEN located in the London borough of Hillingdon. The role is to support pupil(s) who have Autism, so it is essential you have some knowledge/ background about the disorder as all individuals will have different types of characteristics.
You will be supporting on a 1:1 scale with day to day learning and interventions to progress their attainment. You will be expected to understand their learning strategies and support them accordingly to achieve their full potential. In this role you will face challenging behaviours so you will need to also be compassionate and patient in order to motivate and encourage individulas.
Succesful candidates will have
- Experience with children with SEN
- Degree is preferred
- Knowledge about Autism, SEN, and barriers to overcome comunication difficulties.
- Hilgh levels of Proffesionalism
If you feel like this is the role for you, apply or get in contact with Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas at
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job