Celsian Education is searching on behalf of a Mainstream Secondary School for children and young people in Derbyshire. The school has a Special Needs Provision for those with Learning Disabilities and specialise in providing an education for those with Autism, in their Autism Resource Unit (ARC)
The aim of the ARC is to provide a suitable environment with a high level of therapeutic support and excellent teaching to allow pupils with autism to achieve their full potential.
They offer an exciting career opportunity for someone who wants to make a contribution to the development of their ARC and the overall school.
You as the candidate has:
· A Teaching Assistant Qualification or Higher Level Qualification or a degree
· Experience in working with young people
· A passion for providing young people with Autism (ASD)
· A Can-do positive attitude
· An ambition to see students to succeed
· Have a commitment to working in partnership with Teachers, , Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists, other staff, parents and the community to reduce the barriers to learning that children and young people with autism face and promote excellent learning opportunities for all.
The school themselves offer a wide variety of CPD opportunities, such as twilight session training.
The position is initially for the summer terms ahead of us this academic year but may become permanent for the right candidate as the attendance of the ARC is increasing.
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job