Job Title: - Learning Mentors - Media
Location: - Kingston Upon Thames
Pay rate: - £11.43 p/h
Hours:- Approxmiately 24 hours per week
Duration: - Temporary ongoing - term time only
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the Kingston area. Starting in the new academic year, the college are looking for an outstanding Learning Mentors to join them on a temporary ongoing basis. The college recruits a high number of Learning Mentors therefore most return year on year and work to a set timetable for the academic year.
Due to the current Coronavirus situation we are operating a fast track registration process.
Our client is one of the highest performing colleges in London, rated 'Good’ by Ofsted in February 2013. It is a major provider of further, higher and adult education to over 10,000 students.
- To support students studying L2 & L3 Media, games design, art and design, fashion and music
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teacher’s lesson plans.
- Experience with providing educational or personal care support to individuals with learning disabilities.
- Support students with SMART targets and review this throughout the year
- LSWs are paired up with learners best suited to their skills or experience
- You will be working with students aged 16+
- You will be organising and maintaining documentation on learners' progress.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner's needs.
What you will need:
· Experience in using Media related software e.g. photoshop and illustrator
· Good behaviour management techniques
· GCSE Maths and English A*- C grade
·Good spoken and written English
· Excellent organisation, administration, and IT skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, motivate and support mixed ability learners
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'