**New** Independent SEN School (SEMH) located in Highgate, Haringey currently is recruiting for a permanent Learning Mentor to start immediately or January 2021 (for the right Learning Mentor)
This is very much a creative, Innovative, inclusive & supportive SEN School that caters to students who have mild SEMH (anxiety). This SEN School (SEN) in Highgate, Haringey has a successful & robust Senior Leadership Team with great capabilities. Support staff & SEN Teachers must have been observed as a minimum of "Good". Students who attend are between the levels of 7 - 18 years old. It is important that all new staff have experience with pupils with varied SEN; SEMH/ ADHD/ ASD/ CAMHS and mild behaviour.
Great opportunity for a permanent Learning Mentor who may have previously been an SEN/ TA/ LSA/ Behaviour TA / Behaviour HLTA / Mentor, who has experience with pupils with mild SEMH / ASD/ ADHD / CAMHSetc. It is important that you have a minimum of 1 year in a support role in either an Alternative Provision / PRU / Youth Centre / SEN School or mainstream school. You have worked with SEN pupils on a 1:1 basis and within small groups. Also you helped children and young people with their academic learning, able to build a strong rapport with them, engaged well with them and able to alleviate their anxiety. You must be passionate about working with SEN pupils and wanting to make a positive impact! This role is 40 weeks in the year
- Successful Learning Mentor is resilient, empathetic, engaging and able to build a strong rapport with SEN pupils who have anxiety.
- Experience working with children and young people on a 1:1 basis and within small groups
- Your SEN Experience; CAMHS/ SEMH / ADHD / ASD or children who suffer with anxiety
- Must be experienced working as either a Learning Mentor/ SEN Teaching Assistant/ LSA/ HLTA/ Behaviour Mentor / Youth Worker etc
- Have experience helping children and young people with SEN with their studies
- Experience with children and young people between the ages of primary and secondary levels.
- You are focused on safeguarding your pupils
- You MUST live close to Highgate, Haringey
- Special Education
- Support Staff
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'