** Learning Mentor needed for September
** Temp to Perm
** Fantastic mainstream Primary located in Hackney, East London.
Active Recruitment are currently working closely with a Mainstream Primary School in Hackney, who are seeking an experienced Learning Mentor to join them in September 2020 on full-time, permanent basis. This fantastic School requires 1:1 support for a number of pupils that have a range of Special Education Needs and learning difficulties such as; Autism, SEMH and ADHD.
You will be providing 1:1 specialist support to pupils in both key stage 1 and 2 who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern. You will be reporting the schools SENCO/ Inclusion Lead providing detailed daily feedback and learning progress reports.
Duties and Responsibility:
- To participate in the assessment of all learners entering or returning to school in order to
- identify those who need extra help in overcoming issues relating to attendance, behaviour and following a period of exclusion.
- To work in partnership with all staff in drawing up and implementing an action plan for each learner in need of support
- To work in partnership with all school staff responsible for the learner receiving support and intervention, seeking to reach acceptable outcomes that meet the needs of the learner.
- To develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with learner receiving support, aimed at achieving the goals defined in their individual action plan.
- To create and maintain effective, immediate intervention strategies for behaviour incidents.
- To work in partnership with the Heads of Learning to develop effective strategies to remove barriers to learning
- Additional Qualifications related to children (Highly desirable)
- Available to commit to a full-time, long-term position
- Previous experience inspiring and motivating pupils who display challenging behaviour
- Secondary aged support experience (not necessarily within a school)
- Calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
- Confident in your approach and able to deliver effective interventions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'