Teaching Personnel are delighted to be working on behalf of an outstanding secondary school located in Stockport for a Learning Mentor. This position represents a fantastic opportunity for a Learning Mentor to work in a school with an excellent reputation and with pupils who are passionate about their learning.
- Full time Learning Mentor position
- Pay of up to £350 per week dependent upon experience.
- The potential of a school based contract after an initial introduction through Teaching Personnel.
- Regular training courses provided by the school and Teaching Personnel's CPD academy.
- Liaising with staff to identify learners who would benefit from mentoring.
- Helping learners who are underperforming in their subjects, either on a one-to-one basis outside the classroom or within lessons.
- Implementing strategies and supporting learners in self-esteem and confidence-building activities.
- Listening to and helping learners resolve a range of issues that are creating barriers to learning.
- Drawing up agreed action plans with learners, outlining the aims of the mentoring, and monitoring their progress.
It is a mixed comprehensive independent school which is significantly smaller than the other secondary schools within the local area. It is located on the border of Didsbury offering easy access from the surrounding areas of Stockport such as Heaton Norris, Heaton Chapel and Cheadle. There are also direct public transport links to the school.
How to apply:
The school are looking to meet with interested candidates as soon as possible. Therefore, for immediate consideration please submit your full CV to Paul via the link below.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE E.n.g.l.i.s.h & M.a.t.h.s (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'