A single gendered secondary school in the Tameside area is looking for a Learning Mentor to start with them on/around 4th June 2018. The successful Learning Mentor will be working with the new cohort of year 7 students that are due to arrive at the beginning of September. The school are already aware of the requirements and various needs of those students due to embark on their learning career with the school and are looking for a Learning Mentor who is experienced at working with male students.
Highlights of this Learning Mentor position:
- Pay ranging between £55 - £70 per day depending on relevant experience
- Work alongside a committed team of assistants and support staff
- Single sex secondary school located in the Tameside area
- Full time Learning Mentor position starting 2/3 weeks into the new academic year
The Learning Mentor will primarily be supporting the new cohort of year 7 students but have the opportunity to also work with some of the older students that require support within the classroom. The school will be conducting their CATs (cognitive ability tests) during the first few weeks in September in order to assess the current ability of their new year 7 students and upon these results being published, the school will know more detail as to exactly the specific lessons that the Learning Mentor will be supporting in. An earlier start is available prior to September to induct with the support staff team and gain a solid understanding of the schools core values and ethos prior to the new academic year.
Applications highly encouraged from:
- Existing Learning Mentors, Behaviour Mentors
- Youth workers with experience working with challenging students
- Graduates with experience of working with special educational needs
- Male role models such as sports coaches looking to work in the education sector
- Learning Support Assistants looking to work in a secondary school setting
If you have relevant experience supporting, tutoring or assisting secondary school students then apply now with your latest CV.
- teaching assistant
- Learning mentor